I don't understand why there's confusion for you, every wire should be carefully labeled, and there are also notes on the wiring in the Empeg user's manual. You did get one with your empeg, right?

Okay, the wires break down as follows (I got these values from the user manual PDF file, please double-check that your player has each of these colors before connection to make sure that I don't have an out-of-date version):

BLACK - Ground. Connect this to either the car frame or the car's wiring harness ground wire.

YELLOW - Permanent power input. Connect this either directly to the battery (via a fuse of course) or to the car's wiring harness permanent +12v power connection (sometimes called "memory).

ORANGE - Ignition sense input. This is the one that allows you to turn the Empeg on and off with the car's ignition. Connect this to the car's wiring harness ignition +12v power line.

WHITE - Headlight sense input. This is how the Empeg knows when you turn on your headlights so that it can dim the display (dimmer value adjustable in the "settings" menu). Technically, it doesn't really sense the headlights, it senses the dashboard lights. Connect this to the car's wiring harness dashboard lighting power line.

BLUE - Amplifier remote power control line. This tells the amplifier when to activate. Connect this to the blue wire on your amplifier(s). NOTE: Do not attempt to power the amplifiers via this line, your amps should be connected directly to the battery via a fuse block.

GREEN - Mobile phone mute input. Connect to the mute wire of your mobile phone.

RCA OUTPUT PLUGS (4) - Connect to your amplifier.

RCA INPUT PLUGS (2) - Connect to whatever you want to use as an AUX input to the Empeg.

SMALL BLACK ROUND CONNECTOR - Microphone input. Not used in the current version of the software, but in the future it will be used for voice recognition.

SMALL WHITE CONNECTOR - AM/FM Tuner module connector. Will be used when the AM/FM tuner modules become available.

Okay, does that answer all your questions?