Quote:
Don't forget the special C37 lacquer. That might cost some big money.

So after spending 50 grand on your audiophile loud speakers, they want you to coat them in lacquer??

I can accept some of the audiophile science. One of the guys at work has a set of Meridian DSP33 tops and DM5500 sub in his office at the moment. I can't deny that the sound is amazing, and there's some good science behind that including a very low noise floor due to the system being digital to within a few inches of the drivers. The major differentiating factor from a cheaper system is that each and every driver has been DSP calibrated to compensate for non linearities caused by manufacturing variance. Getting each driver perfectly matched in phase and amplitude across its full band leads to very impressive sound reproduction.

And then some tosser wants you to paint a bunch of shite all over the cones, totally screwing up the calibration.

Riiiight.

I think I'm going to have to market the resonant anal cavity damper that I came up with. It heightens the listening experience by a factor of 2.4 by damping out intrusive anal cavity resonance, and at $649 I believe it offers tremendous value to the descerning audiophile.

Attachments
282122-resonantdamper.jpg (138 downloads)