Quote:
I've been keeping my ixus300 in various pockets and other unprotected places, and its LCD never got scratched, at least not in any way that bothered me.

I made this mistake. All of my past Canon camera LCD's NEVER had a scratch on them and I kept them in my pocket all the time.

HOWEVER... my SD300's screen is pretty messed up just from carrying it in my pocket with my cell phone, and I've actually treated it better than my others. This screen seems to have an antireflective coat or some sort of film that scratches REALLY easy. When I say scratch, I don't mean gouge... the platic is actually perfectly smooth without a scratch on it, but the coating is really screwed up and it makes viewing images in any sort of sunlight really annoying. I've attached a crappy cell phone cam shot of the screen... sucks but what I'm talking about is sort of visible.

Point being... I HIGHLY recommend you get one of those sheets of plastic film and put it on your LCD. I'm pretty pissed about mine. I'd never had this issue with my other Powershots so I didn't even bother. Doh.

Attachments
258078-T637.(6).jpg (141 downloads)