Thanks for the pointers! How does the SWI-X *physically* work as far as mounting? Is it kind of squirrely, with some sort of hole and some little probe sticking out of the bezel or what?

I like the flexibility the SWI-X offers as far as diverse head unit choices, but I don't want some sort of squirrely install and will go with the SWI-PS and a limited choice of head units if it's kind of sketchy. I'm not really concerned with programming the controls to operate my empeg, although that's a nice added feature.

If I do go with the SWI-PS, I'll probably go with a Pioneer P80MP. I like Alpine, but I'm very skeptical of their new glidestrip controls, and I'm not a real big fan of Sony head units. If I do go with the SWI-X instead, I'll probably look at getting the Clarion DXZ945MP.

Anyone have any guidance? Is the SWI-X a cheesy install with some sort of alien tentacle sticking out of the bezel or something? Any issues with reliability, misalignment, etc?

-- Gary F.
Eeyore, Original Owner -- Mk II 80 Gb, Blue S/N #090000803 Tigger, 2nd Owner -- Mk IIa, 80 Gb, Blue S/N #40103789