Just to put paid to another thread... I got the install done over the weekend. They had a bit of trouble with the fact that the pocket wasn't quite large enough and they had to do a tiny bit of grinding (about 1/8") to fit both the pioneer p80mp head unit and the empeg. The empeg pokes out a little bit, but they "rounded" or "stepped" the units so it roughly follows the curve of the dash and it doesn't look cheesy at all, at least not IMO, even though the empeg protrudes a bit more than I'd like.

The sound quality is excellent, they integrated everything with the upgraded Nissan factory sound system (amp, 9 speakers including a mini sub under the driver's seat) and the steering wheel controls. I went with the SWI-PS instead of the SWI-X so I got the wired control instead of the infrared. They did reverse the controls on the steering wheel but they are going to fix that this weekend. All in all, I'm very happy with the work they did, and I highly recommend Z-Auto Sound in Santa Clara, CA if you're in the area. This is the second empeg install they've done for me and both times I've been happy. I know they must have had a good time testing it, when I picked it up they had a jampacked playlist on the empeg and the volume was cranked, lol.

Also, in case anyone cares... the SWI-PS *does* work with the 2005 Nissan Xterra, there wasn't any data available on compatibility with the latest model year so Howard from Z-Auto researched it himself against the schematics. My only complaint about the entire install is that the P80 doesn't include RDS support. I find it amazing that moderately expensive units (this is a $400 head unit) don't have something as basic as RDS support built in. Guess I'm just spoiled to the empeg tuner.

For the record, the list of parts I needed included the Pioneer P80MP head unit, my empeg of course, an SWI-PS, a CBR-10 and a handful of miscellaneous parts.

I can take pics if anyone is interested, otherwise I'll just say "thanks for all the advice on parts and such!"

-- Foz
Eeyore, Original Owner -- Mk II 80 Gb, Blue S/N #090000803 Tigger, 2nd Owner -- Mk IIa, 80 Gb, Blue S/N #40103789