Finally, the finished product in the dash....Since the car is now getting to be 5 years old, I was able to get the plastic trim kit with a pocket below. The remote sits in there very nice...

And, of course, it goes without saying, I should have done this years ago. The freedom of choosing music far outweighs the setup I had before with CDs and MDs everywhere...

The best surprise of all, once I got everything up and running...The distortion I had heard from my previous system was a limitation in the Alpine amplifier. It dawned on me when I removed the Alpine and saw how puny the power wire was; it had to be something like 18 gauge wire!

Anyways, after some tuning, the Empeg worked very well with the ADS amp and the subwoofer really makes the whole installation sound much better....

A success!!!

Future projects:

* I'm seriously contemplating getting some of the new lit buttons and the lighting kit to round off my installation....

* Sine we've had some warm weather, I'm concerned about the Empeg getting too hot in the dash. I'm thinking of investigating some sort of tap into the A/C system hose behind the dash and having a small tube feeding the cage where the Empeg sits to help cool it off....Any suggestions for that?

* As my music collections gets larger, perhaps a memory upgrade will help out as well...

Thanks, Randy

Attachments
259399-007.jpg (287 downloads)