Here is more input from my trip today (about two hours)

The player was in tuner mode all the time. I had four spontaneous reboots during that time. Hijack displayed a message sigkill or something like that. Maybe it is the same problem as mentioned earlier: Selecting a frequency by the remote control let my empeg reboot.

Switching between alternative frequency (AF) works pretty good! Sometimes the software changes to an alternative frequency every 5 seconds. But because the interruption is that short this is no problem at all. It never switched to a wrong station during my trip.

But I think there is at least one AF bug. Every time the player changes to another AF the RDS information is deleted (RDS text, RDS station id, PTY). In my opinion this should stay what it is, because it should be the same for all AF of a radio station.

I have not tested the traffic announcement (TA). I think earlier versions of the software had a problem that the AF is not working if in mp3 mode. I you can make sure that the AF works the same in mp3 mode as in tuner mode than everything should be ok.

Hardware: MK2, 64MB RAM, original tuner, 2 drives
Software:V3alpha10, Hijack 435, no other software running