Quote:
First, best wishes for the folks at empeg towers! I hope the new employers treat you well and/or you all end up where you want to be.

I think this move has a lot of potential. (Of course, the D&M takeover had a lot of potential, too, precisely none of which was realised, unless you count keeping the company alive until Sigmatel came along.) Certainly Sigmatel have shown a level of enthusiasm about us which was notably lacking from D&M during their takeover, and compares favourably with Sonicblue's during theirs. IMO it's a Good Thing, better than staying at Rio would have been. Everyone I've spoken to about it at Empeg is taking the red pill and seeing how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Quote:
Second, wah! I want an H4!

H4 seems to be very much the idea, yes.

If you go to http://www.sigmatel.com/investor.relations/ and click on "Company Presentation", there's a lot of information in there about Sigmatel's longer-term plans that isn't to be found elsewhere on the web site.

We found out last week, and that did spur the latest car-player release; Sigmatel have said they don't object in principle to further car-player development (it's not as if they perceive 4,500 units in the field, of a product not manufactured for some years, as competition), but it seemed prudent to get a release out just in case. Likewise, we squeezed out a Rio Music Manager release yesterday, to fix the Karma playlist bug -- though it hasn't hit the external website yet.

Peter