I have a shuffle that I use exclusively for podcasts and rollerblading. I'll stick with the Karma for everything else mainly because something like 70% of my music collection is in Ogg.

I like the iPod, but until it plays Ogg it's just not an option at all. I downsample everything and transcode it when I put it on my shuffle, but I'm not real concerned with missing highs and lows when I'm skating stairs and such... I'm 39 and it hurts when I fall down, so I concentrate on staying upright instead

Edit: Oh, I thought I'd add, I'd much prefer to buy another HD player from the Karma/Empeg team, and to tempt me I'd say it has to work as a mass storage device, or alternatively integrate seamlessly with iTunes on my mac (which I find myself using more and more as of late). Don't give a damn about playing protected AAC's, but I'd like to be able to fill it from my collection.

The iTunes isn't a showstopper but it's a fairly big deal. I store all my music in a tightly organized (my girlfriend says it's obsessively anal... pfft) heirarchy on my NAS, but integrating with iTunes would make it a LOT simpler for me to synch up my daily podcasts (the main reason I bought my shuffle). If it's just a simple mass storage device I can just drag and drop my podcasts as well, I guess.

Oh, it goes without saying... the player *has* to play ogg. Bookmarkable AAC would be nice too, but Ogg is a dealbreaker for me.

-- Gary F.

Edited by Foz (29/07/2005 20:03)