Hey, I'm hoping that it's appropriate for me to post here. If not, let me know and I'll buzz off... :)

My name is Eric Smith, and I'm the founder of Gocho Networks, and the inventor of the Gocho system.

I wanted to clarify some issues regarding what we're doing with Gocho.

First of all, “E-1337” is a code name. :) We’ve got an office full of Linux programmers, and we like to have fun with this kind of stuff. It was meant as a joke.

We’ll eventually name it something sanitized and corporate and trademark-friendly, but for now, we call it the Elite. :) Please don’t hold my sense of humor against our product! :)

Second, Gocho is not a hardware company. We're a software and network services company. We layer our application software on top of existing mobile systems to create what we call a mobile media server-- or transit computer. The combination is an appliance, not some Win98 clone box with a power inverter strapped into your trunk… (Apologies to G-NET Canada, et. al.)

We don't design the hardware.

That said, the hardware that we'll layer the Gocho application services on top of is a ruggedized, custom PC system. It's not delivered in a PC form factor, however. It will look to the end user very much like a CD changer. The HD's used are 3.5" form factor, but they are capable of surviving and thriving in a mobile environment, due to thermal and shock modifications done to the system.

We utilize PDA's as controllers for one principle reason-- we feel strongly that MOST users do not want to replace their existing head unit. Obviously, most of the folks here are fans of EMPEG (and rightly so, it’s a great system!)—and many of you have already purchased EMPEG and made modifications to your vehicles.

As a secondary consideration, we feel that the UI for in-dash/limited LCD systems such as EMPEG are not suitable to our applications-- which, surprisingly perhaps, only being with being an MP3 player. Our navigation and control systems are much more elegant than those we’ve found on existing in-dash systems.

Gocho will not be suitable for everyone, to be sure. If you don't already own a PDA, you may have some reservations about investing in one just to control your media. But we're confident that our product will fair well in the market place, and that it will provide significant value to our users.

Our mission, in the long run, is to grow the market of digital music consumers by creating a system which is simple, seamless to integrate, and -- most importantly-- one which doesn't require active management.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know. I’ll do the best I can to answer them.

Thanks for your time!

Sincerely,

C. Eric Smith
President/CEO
Gocho Networks, Inc.
www.gocho.net

(512) 478-8946 (Office)