Unfortunetly, increasing the drive size of my empeg was not as easy as I thought it would be. I have hit some roadblocks (hopefully more of detours) and I was looking for some advice from any one with the experience.

I filled my 80 gig empeg last year sometime, and I bought a 2nd matching 80 gig drive to double my space and allow more song additions. Unfortunately, the empeg starting acting abnormally at some point after this addition (memory errors/hick ups affecting playback... mostly minor stuff.. I have about 13,000 songs currently).

1st question, will more memory be the only thing I will need to install on the empeg to alleviate these problems?

2nd question, I have ordered a memory expansion board from Patrick (shipping date of the next batch still unkown?? maybe that's a 3rd question?) I have very limited soldering experience, and have never tried soldering small parts/computer boards.... Is there anyone that has found anyone willing to sell the service to do the install for them?

Any help or comments, or links to relevant posts that I couldn't track down would be appreciated.

Chris