None of what you've said is justification for allowing companies to hire illegal workers. Illegal means illegal. If we really need people from Mexico to come and do the lowest paying jobs (which I'm not convinced of) then we need to reform our immigration policies to allow more people in legitimately. That way, we can make sure they're better taken care of, receive fair wages, get immunized from infectious diseases before they come in, have a better chance to be culturally assimilated with Americans, etc.

The situation as it is now, where criminals are rewarded for illegally crossing our borders while legitimate immigrants who wait their turn get punished, is not acceptable for a country that claims to adhere to the rule of law. And yes, I blame the corporations who hire illegals (and the corrupt Presidential administration that encourages them to do so) more than I do the Pablos and Marias who just want to make a better life for themselves.

As for outsourcing, I don't agree that it's always a case of "someone else will do it cheaper" and even if it was, that's a race to the bottom. Giving away your country's wealth to the lowest bidder to increase profits at the very top of the org chart when that money could pay American workers is not good long-term economic strategy to me.

This post brought to you by the Run-on Sentence Foundation of America.