Quote:
You have to have a null-modem connection. This can be accomplished with a null-modem cable or with a regular cable with a null-modem adapter (or a null-modem cable with a normal gender changer, obviously). Null-modems often look quite like normal gender changers, so check to make sure what yours is. (Unfortunately, it's often my experience that both serial cables and gender changers are poorly labelled.)

So the first thing you need to do is make sure you have a null-modem cable. I assume you got it used and not just new-old-stock, but doublecheck in the box that the empeg came in and make sure that it didn't come with a serial cable. If there's not one there, you're going to have to acquire one. Sorry if you already bought the wrong thing. It's irritating that serial cables aren't as universal as USB and Firewire, but they're not. You just need to get a cable or series of cables and adapters to make it fit the back of your computer and the back of the empeg and make sure that exactly one of those adapters or cables is null-modem. Best case scenario is a single cable, but it could potentially require a lot of adapters if your cable shop isn't well stocked.

Thank you very much, your explanation was very clear. To my understanding, as long as it is a NULL MODEM cable, using a 25pin to 9pin would work, or a 9pin to 9pin as long as i can connect it to my computer i shouldnt have any problems. Yes, you are absolutely correct the MK2 was included with the purchase of my car hence it being USED w/o box and accessories.

Thank you for all the help!