It just happened again. I was listen to an Audiobook (Lord of the Rings, BBC Radio Show) as the in the middle of episode 7 Gandalf was suddenly interrupted and the player started a Startup-Loop i had already seen once.

However altough the symptoms are practically the same as in the above case(s), the cause seem to be a different. When this first happened to my player, it seemed to be 'upset by something in the current playlist'. Just as Hugo diagnosed when Smoker_man had the very same problem. After having reset the empeg state the player booted and when the very same playlist was selected, it played just fine. The problem was not reproducable.

This time it is. The player seem to be upset about something within the mp3 file itsself.
(21:04) Gandalf speaks.
"If we fail, we fall. If we suceed, then we will face the next ta... " (21:12)
Every single time it gets to that point the player terminates abnormally and the startup loop is initiated.
At the end of each startup Gandalf get the change to say "ta..", before the player reboots.
As long as Gandalfs "ta..." lasts the player will respond to commands. If i pause it or skip the track, then this breaks the loop cycle. I can even fast-forward over 21:12 to prevent the player from entering the loop.