Quote:
I got into RC planes last year. It took me several crashes before I learned how to fly my Slowstick, so don't feel bad. My biggest mistake was flying in too much wind- and having a broken, glitching ESC that caused me all kinds of problems until I finally replaced it. My Slowstick got so beat up actually that I ended up replacing the tail control surfaces totally with a BluCor foam tail that I made myself.
I now am in the process of building a faster, aeirlion plane out of BluCor. It's roughly modeled on WWII warbirds like the P51- and it's going to have a direct drive 400 engine. I guess I will find out real quick if my Slowstick experience and lots of time in the simulator will pay off.
BTW I just made a PPJoy cable for the FMS simulator this weekend- if you have a trainer jack on your radio and haven't already got an interface I recommend it! PPJoy is the best because it means you can use your TX as a joystick in other games too..

I built a cable that goes with my Heli controller and was flying with FMS. Yesterday I went out a bought a copy of Aerofly Pro Delux with an interface cable, and flying that one with my JR6102, it's real nice, and has tons of scenery and models, and plenty of others on the net.

I'm still learning to fly, right now in the sim, I'm seeing what I can do, and then taking it to the field and really flying it.

I've already got my next two planes, just need to build them when I get a chance. Next up will be an E-Flight Ascent powered glider, I still need to finish gluing it together, I'll be doing that in Jan, and giving the maiden flight soon afterwards. Then I've got a T-IFO to put togther, that'll be fun bending all those carbon fiber rods. After that I'll be looking into building my own designs with the Blucor. But I'll be going BL first on my SS.