Quote:
Have you thought about perhaps repairing the damage? What would a new engine from a wrecking yard set you back?

Engine with similar mileage looks to be about $1,000 and installation would be $2,000 for a shop to do. I could do it with friends, but it would probably take forever (due to scheduling and laziness).

I paid $6,300 for the truck and Geico is giving me $8,000 plus $1,400 for repairs I did less than a month ago. I should be making out depending on how much my premiums go up. I have been re-thinking my car situation since this incident and I don't think I need a 4th car at this time. It's just that the SVX has some bugs to be worked out. Once that's fixed, I should be good for a while. Once the SVX hit 160,000 miles all hell started to break loose and it hasn't been driven in the past 2 months or so due to unknown high cooling system pressure.

The empeg was taken out this morning. Monday is when the truck is being towed. It's actually funny that it got killed so quickly because it was nothing but a pain in the ass. Mechanically it worked great and was a great car for the price. The scumbag dealer I bought it from decided to sell it to me without a title in-hand. Normally, I would think this was a bad idea to take the car without possession of the title, but this was a very large dealer in Philadelphia with multiple locations. I was told the title was at their main office and would be mailed to me. I didn't have the title after 4 weeks and was getting angry when I was getting the runaround on the phone. Finally the owner got back to me after I filed a complaint with the BBB and the dork starts threatening me with a lawsuit! UH HUH! So, I had to hire a lawyer to get a title out of a licensed used car dealer. Of course, this took weeks and the temp tags expired. I finally get the car on the road again, and a couple weeks later I'm freezing my balls off on the NY State Thruway waiting for a flatbed to show up when the engine blows.

I hope they crush that effing car.