Can't read the numbers on the top of the resistor pack any more... but it always worked in the past so I assume it was the correct one. Measuring resistance across the LEDs reads nothing. With the player unplugged, measuring voltage across the LEDs (in one direction only of course) reads negative half a millivolt.

I have continuity between each of the legs of the resistor pack and the legs of the LEDs.

With the player plugged in, I measure 5 volts between ground and the common side of the resistor pack.

With the player plugged in, I measure 5 volts between ground and the LED side of the resistor pack.

(edit:) With the player plugged in, I measure 5 volts between ground and the resistor-pack-side leg of the top LED.

(edit:) With the player plugged in, I measure 2.75 volts between ground and the other (non-resistor-pack-side) leg of the top LED.

(edit:) There does not appear to be a short between any given leg of the resistor pack. Each of the four legs leading to each of the LEDs seems to be independent with not continuity between them. But I get continuity between the resistor pack legs and the LED legs in each of the four cases.

Quote:
Have you measured continuity from the negative leg to ground?

Which leg is the negative leg? The negative leg of what? Please tell me where to measure from, in as much descriptive detail as possible.