Seeking an alternate way of illuminating the button LED's independantly from the hijack logic (not sure how to ask this one).

Since i've extended the display, having the button LED's hooked up will cause intermittant issues with the empeg. Even if I have them disabeled in hijack, they still momentarily blink when the player boots up (sets the brightness of the display) causing the display to go dim. I've tried to remedy this using an initial macro in hijack to set the brightness up after it is booted up. Unfortuantly, when the macro runs, it causes the button LED's to blink each time the brightness is turned up or down a notch. This can intermittantly cause the display to go dim again. It is also intermittant when the button LED's turn on (when the empeg is powering on).

What i'd like to do is just give the LED's power when the player is on, forcing them to always be on at 100%. After looking through the install manual from eutronix, it seems that they need 5vDC. Is there a way of doing this w/out desoldering the button LEDS from the board? With the knob board, I could probably just disconnect the signal lead and ground it i'm assuming, however the ground leads to the button LED's appear to be directly connected to a regulated ground?

I've tried everything from timing the macro to changing the buttonled_off options in hijack. I've also tried 10nf-20nf capasitors on the dimming logic behind the display board with no luck.

Thanks alot!!