Quote:
Quote:

I don't know how the reception is inside buildings. (If he's a residential contractor, that's probably not a big problem.) I know you have to have some sort of additional antenna for your car installation. Someone should probably chime in on that.

Good points!

Sirius offers a few plans, ranging from month to month thru a "lifetime" subscription. The lifetime is the life of the radio, not the subscriber. You are granted three transfers at $75 each.

As far as indoor reception goes it is very hit or miss. If the your brother-in-law (the radio really!) is in or near a large urban center in the USA or Canada, then indoor reception "might" be possible. If not the the antenna MUST have a clear view of the sky. The Sirius satellites are not stationary in the sky.

The radios come with a antenna for se with your car. They should be mounted on the roof of your car or truck, with a thin cable running into the cabin. If your borther-in-law wants to he can do the install himself or take to to a car audio shop for a very simple install.

Many large urban areas have ground repeaters set up all over the place so there is no dusruption of service. I know several people in the Boston area that use Sirius radios at work with no windows in sight and the reception is just fine.