Quote:
And it's pretty darned cheap, so a paranoid person could just buy an extra "for insurance" (but why bother?).

Excellent point. I have a Creative Zen Vision:M (can a product name be any longer?) and paid about 300 for it. Then, I had to buy a 25 dollar case for it to protect it. THEN I had to buy one of those screen protectors. Trying to use it while mowing the lawn, driving around or at work was a pain in the butt because I was so paranoid of breaking it! Well... eventually the thing DID die. So, while I was waiting for Creative to replace it, I purchased a $70 1GB Sandisk player so I could keep up to date on my Podcasts. The thing is SWEET because of the big buttons on it (I can use it without looking at it) but the best part was it was only $70 so if it lasts me a year, I'll be happy.

BTW, Creative has sent me a new player, 6 weeks ago!, and I still havn't booted it up. I'll probably end up selling it because a nice cheap, worry free player has done far more to make life enjoyable. Granted, my use is for Podcasting - not music, so my needs were small.