Quote:
I wondered about not even being asked, what the hell the stuff in my bag (hand-luggage) is after Hugos BBQ. A bag full of electronic crap, empeg steel-cases, a top lid with sharp edges it cutted a hole in the bag, and this all with no identifiable sense. Noone even wanted to look ito the bag. And now the totally other direction, no hand-luggage allowed. I think, they are getting too lax, when nothing happened a while, and too strong for a short time if there is an actual threat.
Not that i am unhappy, not to have to explain, what empeg spare parts are and why i can't check this stuff in. (4 rio receivers in my back-pack was nearly too much, no space left...)
Lucky flying BBQ-attendees, that this didn't happen earlier...

cheers,
Thomas

I actually had the opposite experience. The UK version of the TSA was very interested in what I was carrying on to the plane. They disassembled my entire carry-on and swabbed each piece to be tested for explosives. In the process, the agent broke keys off my laptop keyboard. I later completely screwed it up when trying to snap them back on and broke the keys. Replacement keyboard only cost me $25, so it wasn't so bad.

Most of the crap from Hugo's shed was in my checked bag. I don't know if they tested that for anything, but the bag appeared to have never been open.

I flew to San Francisco with a brand new boxed empeg in my carry-on last weekend. In both NY and SF I was asked what it was and it was tested for explosives. They also tested my Karma for explosives in SF while they were at it.