Thanks Music..Thats a good price but I have two of them.. already..I have one that is absolutely brand bew in box..I was thinking of designing a machined retro modern looking dock to use it as a home mp3 player once....at least I had that thought when I paid thousand dollars and bought it ,back then but never got around it...I am surprised that no one actually thought of making something like that which could turn empeg into home stereo unit...I know about the wooden made ones but they look so tacky.. I wouls even assume that some of those guys who are interrested in new aluminum face plates could design something like that.... you could even just take the insides of the Empeg and transplant it into a completely custom made casing...In the Computer Moddng comunity and Car stereo comunity people do insane custom things....
I am into building computers and I design my own computers with top notch parts and I admire guys who do stuff like custimization and Modding of anything..

Look at this guy , he designed machined computer cases for home theater lovers but you can use it as a regular desktop also ..I will order one soon,,,

http://www.atechfabrication.com/

It's not something thats mass produced..he literally machines them himself.. thats why it takes about a month to get one.. and fully loaded it costs around $800- %900 bucks... I mean his products are a work of art.. I love people who mod stuff like that
I wish somebody would design a machined casing just like he did for Empeg...so that it could live a new life as a home MP3 player...
I actually found this online machine shop while surfing...

http://www.emachineshop.com/demo/index.htm

I was really excited about this..You can design something with their CAD software you download..or your own and order it online.the Their software even calculates the price you pay...This way I don't have to find some machine shop around or a machinist to achive what I have in my mind...

If anyone is good at CAD stuff..please design something for the dying mpeg..lets give mpeg a new chance..before it is categorized as antique.. This e- Machine shop maybe give some motivation and inspiration to people hopefully...