I just got a 2004 Golf and am ready to put the empeg in. It has the stock Monsoon system, which means the amp is expecting voltage on the speaker lines to turn itself on. After getting the head unit out, I am faced with the task of getting the rca-output-only empeg to connect to a speaker-level-input-only wiring harness. I stripped off the shroud on a pair of RCA cables and connected it (wouldn't have tried it, but it was recommended somewhere), and it did not work. I bought a "PAC OEM-2" integration module, but it only has speaker level input. It seems anyone who wants to replace the head unit in a system with a factory amp is forced to use the speaker level outputs. Since that won't work for me, I'm looking for another solution.

I've done a LOT of reading on here, TDIclub, VWVortex, etc. and have yet to find a solution. Many people seem to have had the single DIN version or their radio has the speaker level outputs.

It's all taken apart, and I'm fussing with it now, so any help or tips would be most appreciated!

This is vehicle #5 for the empeg - 1995 Supra TT, 1987 Porsche 944T, 2000 Viper GTS, 2001 Audi A6 2.7T, and I've finally grown up and settled down a bit...bought a diesel golf and running biodiesel!

Thanks, guys!

Jason in Austin (met some of you folks at a meet in San Fran a few years ago in the Viper...)