I received the Super VEN 4 today, but no luck. I'm really really stumped!

Here's some new info:

I hooked up the sven4, but there was still no audio. Having heard that the Monsoon amp is looking for '5-6 volts from the front left speaker', I connected a speaker level line from my cd player (that is also connected to power and will be connected via the rca input on the empeg) - and sound came through it! the interesting thing was, it was sound from the empeg. So i figured i was on the right track. unfortunately, i could not repeat this - every subsequent time i did this, i got sound from the cd player, rather than the empeg. i actually wondered why i didn't hear both, since it was sort of teeing two inputs at the same time.

Anyway, I got a volt meter and read 0.11 or so volts from the rca outputs (both front and rear) on the empeg. earlier, it had been 2.5 volts or so, which is still less than the 4v the sven4 needs (according to the docs). i can't explain why i'm getting different readings from the sled, but i did go back and check the speaker level outputs on the cd player, and it showed a pretty constant 6v or so, and 12v from all the appropriate power connectors.

I further checked the rca output of the cd player, which also showed .1 or so volts - shouldn't rca be at least 1v?

Next, I changed out the sven harness so that it had the speaker level inputs as well as outputs, and the signal does not seem to be passing through. i connected the speaker level outputs of the cd player, verified 6 volts going in, and on the circuit board, but nothing coming out.

So, the point i am at now is, i can get it to work with no special tricks using the speaker level outputs of the cd player. But i had a moment where i had the sven4 hooked up, and sound was coming from the empeg...any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong or tips?

thanks!

Jason