Thanks Mason and Loren for the info we are going to go just need to set the date. I have never been there my girlfriend who I am going with was there before the hurricane. She really liked it and wants to return and stay someplace in the French Quarter.

It sounds like driving and parking the the French Quarter is pretty much impossible so I am thinking of not renting a car and just trying to use public transportation. Any comments on how feasible this is ? It sounds like most of the stuff we would go to is in the French Quarter or the Garden District although I usually do try to get out of the tourist areas when traveling. Between the car cost and parking it would be pretty expensive for a rental car so it would be nice to save the money.

Mason that sucks about your insurance screwing you over. That has been my fear since getting a house I also have mine insured of well over the value but I don't think that means much in the end.

Wouldn't fair market value be what it costs right now to get the work done ? I know with auto insurance for a pay off on a total if they tell you an amount that is too low you can fight them on it and make them prove to you they can replace the car for the amount they claim.

I suppose with so much damage they are trying to screw everyone as much as possible.

Matt