I am cross-posting this from my LiveJournal, because the general internet brain trust isn't working for me, and the empeg brain trust is often quite helpful:

Hereoes episode 17, "Company Man", aired Monday Feb 26, 2007. Several scenes prominently feature a bridge. A single arch concrete span with two lanes.

When viewing the episode, I was certain it was the Foresthill bridge near Auburn, CA, which was used at the beginning of the Vin Diesel movie "XXX". It seems my personal memory of the Foresthill bridge was wrong, because the Foresthill bridge is actually all steel with split lanes.

A bunch of obsessive and unhealthy googling followed.

I see that the bridge looks architecturally the most like the Bixby Creek Bridge on CA highway 1. However, the countryside doesn't exactly match what's seen in the episode (although it's close).

If you freezeframe the episode in highdef, you can read a roadsign near the bridge which reads "Odessa 40 Midland 55 Big Spring 225". I assumed they faked the sign because they wanted you to think the bridge was really in Texas. Also, if you look at a map of Odessa, you see that Big Spring is quite close to Odessa, and there's no way it could be that far off on any highway sign.

No resolution yet. Anyone got an idea of which bridge was used in the episode? This is a completely odd and unhealthy obsession that I've got going here, and I need closure.