Because, like it or not, you do need the capability of reading what people send to you, unless you are such a snob that you don't care.

Okay, I'm sorry for starting this Word debate. I agree with this statement, I really do, and I have Word installed for this very reason.

However, don't I have the right to be able to use my preffered word proccessing program to use those files? I mean, it's pretty bad when I can't even cut and paste simple text from a Word document into Wordperfect. If I need PSP screen captures and OCR software just to use a program I'm more capable and comfortable with, something is amiss.

Anyway, I thank the person who linked that web site. Despite not having any real formating options, I'm going to use that in the future.

ps-I don't think Gates is the devil either. I have no problems with Win98 for the level of user I am, and I prefer IE to Netscape just for small differences in program style. I do, however, have a problem with a piece of software affecting every level of user.

DiGNAN
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, etc.