Quote:
Will I get much out of the film if I'm already upset about the state of health care in the US and can't stand Moore's methods?

I think so. Fox News' review of the film was very positive, and I'd say their editorial opinion wouldn't come down on the side of increased socialization of healthcare, nor are they chomping at the bit to endorse anything Michael Moore puts out.

Moore is a liberal, and makes no effort to hide that fact, but this is not a liberal vs. conservative issue. Most people in America have encountered frustration with the healthcare system at some point in their lives, and everyone can feel empathy or at least sympathy for someone who's forced to watch a loved one get sick or die due to inadequate care. So, the film focuses on those instances, and shows exactly how the healthcare and drug industries are complicit in these deaths due to their motivation to increase profits by denying care.

I think even a hard-right conservative who's forced to watch this film Clockwork Orange-style will have to admit there's a persuasive case made for a re-evaluation of the way healthcare works in America. You can factor Moore's personal political bias out, correct for the fact that he's showing the best care available abroad and the worst care available in America, and you're still left with a vivid picture of a worsening crisis. Furthermore, it's done in a very entertaining, engaging style, which I think comes from the fact that Moore has softened up his rhetoric in the movie and (with a couple exceptions) avoids cheap shots at the current government.

Finally, I agree wholeheartedly with jbauer's comment that all news sources have an agenda, and that you need to be able to distinguish and filter this out yourself, rather than counting on a particular source or sources to be unbiased.