Alrighty.

So I'm using the Autoleads PC99-X46 Lead in my Mazda with the PC99-SON Sony adapter. Thats hooked up to my PCATS tuner and Empeg running firmware v2.0 and Hijack v479. The steering wheel on my car has buttons Up, Down, Menu, Mute, Vol+ and Vol-

As standard, the buttons do absolutely nothing.

I added stalk_debug=1 to my hijack config and looked for serial output while pressing buttons. BOTH Up and Down buttons give
Code:
Stalk: in=02 00 ff ff == no button
and all the other buttons do nothing. Not ideal.

So I broke out a multimeter and tried measuring the resistance on the plug of the Autoleads part when pressing buttons. I've established that all the buttons do 'work' in that they do change restistance values. Its hard to measure the Up, Down, Menu, Mute button values because I have a digital multimeter which doesn't react fast enough when you press the button. The Autoleads adapter only seems to send a pulse on those. Holding down Vol+ and Vol- works great and I can get an accurate reading on them. I end up with something like this:
  • Up: ~12.00 (maybe?) kΩ
  • Down: ~14.30 kΩ
  • Menu: ~11.00 kΩ
  • Mute: ~34.00 kΩ
  • Vol+: 17.66 kΩ
  • Vol-: 21.98 kΩ
Okay, I'm not sure what to do now. By the looks of things, the stalk interface on the tuner should be able to look out for those values, they seem to be in range of what the Sony stalk uses (2.2-48.4kΩ), just off here and there.

Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments
stalk schematic.png

Description: Sony Stalk Schematic