Well, I must say that I am very flattered by all the responses I have got in the last couple of months. I couldn't have imagined this happen when I started writing the applet and the server. Peculiarly, I had spent some weeks on an LDAP-server for the empeg, which was really cool (at least I thought), and only a few days on displayserver, eventhough people went "ooh" and "aah" over the fact that you can have these cool visuals in your webbrowser.Great marketing. What can I say? I like programming, like other people like crossword-puzzles.
As far as rewarding, I must say that, as some of you would probably have guessed, I am in the alpha team, which has it's advantages.
Secondly I have got a good paying job ( well, probably not compared to a comparable US position, though I'm not sure after last layoffs ) and can suffice in support for my family.
Thirdly(is this correct?), this also adds directly to my work experience. It's always nice to have a line in your CV saying : "author of the most commonly used webserver software for car-stereo"
Fourthly, if you still feel like paying me, I've setup a paypal account today, still gotta find out how this works... Anyway, I will probably put the money on my children's saving-account, to make up for the hours behind the computer
I see forward to meet all the people at the Amersfoort meet at the end of the month; I will promise to show displayserver 2.0, which will not have all proclaimed features by then, but some really cool features where Rob S., in his function of UI-designer, will be quite pleased with.
Well, I am not much of a writer, I've spent about an hour writing this post and I had more to tell, but forgot...

Frank van Gestel