Originally Posted By: yozh
Thanks. I will, just seems to me that some one should be able to hack this thing to not use logitech servers. I can keep the current setup as is, and maybe open it up and fix the backlight, but really wanted to use this on my setup upstairs with DTIVO and an all-in-one tv/vcr/dvd. And the new one on my main setup downstairs

That's a valid wish, and exactly what I would have wanted out of the Harmony remotes. I had an 880 for about a week and returned it out of frustration, because I was able to do far more with my much older Pronto TSU1000 (which is looking OLD these days) than I could with the Harmony. The Harmony had a much nicer design, but I couldn't stand its limitations in the area of discrete codes. With the Pronto, I was able to utilize about twice the number of discrete codes that I was on the Logitech, because it was up to me to put in the work to find them, and not the Logitech people.

Example: it's not the simplest thing to do, but it's possible to create discrete codes for nearly every Sony device. Just use this site to get the values, and a program called MakeHex to get the Pronto IR codes. With that combo, I'm able to be 100% certain that if I press the "Tivo" button on my remote, it will get me to my Tivo, and if something happens (someone walks in front of the remote during the macro, for instance), I'm 100% certain that if I press that button again, it WILL get me to my Tivo.

When I had the Harmony, if anything went wrong in the macro, I had to go through the annoying process of "is this device on? is this device on? is this device on?" until the system got back to normal, all because Logitech had almost no discrete codes for my equipment.

Sorry for the rant again, and yohz, sorry again for derailing your post. I didn't notice that you were a new poster at first. Feel free to post here any time, as the members are extremely helpful.