I just got a new/refurb MacBook 2.2 GHz last Friday that was a complete headache for a couple days. The system was unstable out of the box. Right off the bat the keyboard viewer, found in the International Preference Panel was missing. I looked everywhere. Come to find out that this is a known problem. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=307354

Besides that, about 2/3 of the time when I restarted the computer, it would log out, shut the screen off, then freeze. I'd have to hold the power button down to reset it.

The system log was full of errors with stray processes; NTP started making adjustments to the system clock ever 10-15 minutes in jumps of ±.2 -1.2 seconds; apps crashing left and right.

I finally decided to start from square one, since I'd never had this much trouble with a Mac before. I tried my Leopard install disk that I had purchased to no avail; this MacBook revision came about a month after 10.5. So I had to use the install disk that came with the machine.

Long story short, after an erase and install, my MacBook is much more stable- no trouble at all so far.

I'm still looking for a way to get rid of "Relative Dates" in the Finder. Does anyone out there know of a way to completely disable Relative Dates? The just keep coming back.

I was really hoping that 10.52 was going to help…

-Randy