I probably cursed myself in the last post about Leopard, because shortly after that, I started getting issues as well. Most were around .Mac though, something I haven't used till recently. I bought the family pack so that my mom and sister can upload photos easily, and I figured I'd use it for the syncing. So far, while the syncs work, I get random times where Sync Server hits 100% CPU usage of a core. I've also had problems shutting down, where the OS just hangs with the spinning cursor. This even happened today before I left for work, and as an experiment, I left the system alone. Got home 8 hours later, system was still on. Kinda ironic that their paid .Mac service would expose so many problems in the OS, but hey, paid services aren't all they have cracked up to be, as Microsoft knows too.

So far, 10.5.2 has installed fine on 3 machines, but I haven't lived with it long enough to see if it fixes my specific issues.I do already know I want the old network share icons back, because the little people holding hands just doesn't convey NAS disk to me.

Overall I still wouldn't say Apple's gone Vista with Leopard. I think they have a bit more to fall before that can be said. The only thing keeping my Vista box at work safe and not thrown through a window is the fact that it sits there idle most of the time while I get work done on the XP and Leopard boxes. I tried using it for a while as a main machine, and it just proved too unwieldy. Even after a year of updates, it's still slow copying files off the network, still gets horribly sluggish on a box with decent specs, and still has explorer freak outs where it hangs till I end the process.