Hi all,

I've been tinkering with software all day and I'm not getting anywhere. It's driving me nuts.

This is the situation:
I've ripped all my DVD movies to a harddisk, because I want to put all my DVD's on a home server. To preserve the optimal quality, I've not used any form of compression during the ripping process. Everything works as it should really. The reason I didn't use any compression while ripping was because at one time I'm going to install a beamer, and I want to preserve the optimal image quality, so the picture will remain nice if viewed at a 3 meter diameter screen. The result is that now I have 2 (large) disks filled with:
Code:
[Root]
   |-[name of the movie]
   |   |
   |   \video_ts  
   |   \audio_ts
   --[name of the movie]
   |   |
   |   \video_ts  
   |   \audio_ts

(etc)

These folders are filled with the usual VOB, BUP and IFO files. I can play these movies no problem by simply clicking the correct VOB file. This also streams without problem over my LAN.

Now today I started to wonder: what if I wanted to DIVX/XVID all these movies now anyway? How would I do this?
I have no problem ripping/encoding the movies straight from DVD. I DO have a problem getting this done now that the movies have already been ripped to HD.

I have not found any encoding software yet with which I can simply select one of the movie folders on the HD, and then hit 'encode to dixv' or something. The ideal solution would be if I could select the entire disk and so every movie would be encoded in batch.

I have bought a DivX license, so that's not the problem..

Does anybody know which software I can use to get this done? I really would prefer NOT having to re-rip every DVD I have...

Thx!