Cool. Glad you liked. smile

That board is totally non exciting though! It's just a uart (TTL level) to 20ma converter (vending machine interface). I knew it'd take ages to do on veroboard, then check and double check...only to find that it didn't work.

<tangent>

We had a CNC machine made for us, we had a couple of differing requirements. It had to be large enough so we can use it for mechanical prototyping (i.e faceplates and such like) but with also with enough fine resolution to mill pcb's.

The machine itself can do pretty large bits and pieces, wouldn't have trouble doing 19inch rack mount panels. But once I'd done all the setting up in mach3 it was a nervous time waiting to see what the accuracy would be like on small things...Thankfully it turned out to be very good.

I added isolation routing to our software so that we could directly export a 2 layer design into NC and straight into mach3.

</tangent>

I was quite pleased that I managed to route the entire board without the need for a single jump wire, single layer as well! Not only was I impressed, but my boss was too.

We did another board a few weeks earlier which was an RFID interface, that also worked straight off without any problems.

The great thing about this method is that because you're laying out from a schematic you can be certain that the final output will be correct. Just have to put the right components in the right holes.

That board (from memory) had 56 odd drill holes that were 0.6mm, 0.7mm, 0.8mm and 1mm in diameter. I think it took me a couple of hours start to finish (design to routing to populating to working!).

For small test circuits it's a revolution!

We reckon we could do large QFP's without much problem too.