People, get serious!

Of course the empeg is better than the Mstation, but it also costs MORE than tripple the price! For that price one would expect a better product, no?

Consider the Mstation the 'poor mans car mp3 player', although it has features that the empeg doesn't have.

First of all : you can HIDE it. You can build it into your trunk and nobody will ever know it's installed in your car. Believe me, this is a good thing.
I DO NOT like the way the empeg has to be completely removed 'to be safe'. A removable front piece would have been nice. I also don't like the way the empeg doesn't support cd's and other stuff anymore (yes, by now it does support radio, I know), so I would like the keep my existing head unit (which was a $1000 head unit, so you can see where I'm coming from). I know you can install BOTH a head unit and the empeg, but this requires two din-sized spaces in the dash and this is not an option for me (practical problem, I know)

Yes, the Mstation uses 3.5 inch Hd's, but nobody's forcing you to use them. You can just as well put in 2.5 inch drives, no problem. (although there rarely has been a problem with 3.5 inch drives and "speed bumps" - these days, 3.5 inch drives are also very solid)

I do agree that the flashing method is somewhat weird, but it does work so who cares?

Now, don't think I'm the big Mstation advocate, it can see it's downsides too. But you must admit it might be a solution to people for whom the empeg just isn't practical. (like me, I would be afraid every time I'd have to leave my car behind in the city and actaully taking the empeg with me under my arm each time has such a late-eighties feel to it :), not to mention impractical)
Believe me, I'm the first person who would like to see Rio develop this 'autochanger emulator' (located on this page :http://geek.empeg.com/products/car_variants.html) further and sell it, but as long as this doesn't happen, the Mstation will serve me just fine.

Let's all live together in harmony! :)