tman - IIRC there was a licensing issue with some code which is why it was actively removed. I think we're staying a little under the radar here for the sake of getting things working...

I did contact the Dan Zimmerman, author of com.tffenterprises.music.io.TaggedFile and owner of jempeg.org but he said:
Quote:
It's _certainly_ not going to happen under a GPL license, as I am not a fan of the GPL. That code hasn't been worked on for a while, and may not be in a good state for public release; in particular, it doesn't understand ID3v2.4.

Despite continuing:
Quote:
Hmm. As a computer science professor specializing in software engineering tools, I can assure you that bits in compiled source code (as compared to bits on optical or magnetic media) do not "rot"... smile

(!) Hmm indeed. As a Technical Architect working in the real world... <grin>

He did add:
Quote:
But I can understand the desire to rebuild it from scratch. If we figure out some reasonable way to release the source (which may take a little while; we're pretty busy doing various things), I'll let you know. If you have any questions, let me know.

So here's the docs he gave me on that... maybe there will be source or maybe having the docs will allow migration to an open library?

Attachments
tffenterprises_doc.zip (392 downloads)
tffenterprises_tffid3.jar (545 downloads)