Can any experts help guide me through electronics troubleshooting on a broken projector?

A fan on my InFocus LP130 projector is not working, which likely caused an overheat and broke the lamp. Yesterday, I turned it on and off a few times and saw the fan spin for 1 second before stopping. Today, I turn it on and the fan doesn't spin at all.

I used a voltmeter and read 0V at + and - terminals on the fan. At the other, similar fan in the unit, I read 9.5V. I want to check the header on the PCB where the fan connects, but I can't (yet) get the case open.

So, I'm suspicious: Is the fan dead, or is something else not getting power to the fan? It spins, like I saw yesterday, so it must work. And, shouldn't it be getting 9V at its terminals even if the fan was dead and unable to use those 9V?

Before I order a new fan, I want to be sure it's that simple and not a bigger problem that's beyond my ability. $20 fan sure beats $2000 new projector. Thanks guys!