Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
Quote:
Dunno, but you could share her printer over the network and print directly from your computer.

Perhaps... if I were smart enough to figure out how to make the network function. SWMBO has a Macintosh, I run Windows Vista (to my regret) and the differences in religion are hard for me to work with. (...more....)

Take two.

The fact that the computers are dissimilar should not be an issue. Are they both plugged into some sort of ISP-provided network device? Whatever blue, black or green box that your broadband provider provided? So they can get on the Eenterneat?

If not then maybe time to drop back and rethink.

But if the Mac and Veesta machines are already networked to that mysterious blue/green/black box then just look to see if there is another open port on that box. That would let you plug in existing printer using ethernet/USB print server previously mentioned.

Computers on networks need "IP addresses". Your Mac and Veesta machines, if networked, are likely getting theirs automatically (from the blue/black/green box). If so, it is not hard to dream up an additoonal IP address that you can assign to the printer (print server) so that you can then configure the Mac and Veesta machines to print to eet.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.