Quote:
Do it now whilst the walls are open. If you want to add extra in the future then it will be a major job.

I know. No worries there, 'cause the walls have not even been built. smile

Quote:
Have the set top boxes all in a central location and distributed out to the TVs around the house. You can get IR receivers to put into each room and then a small transmitter near the set top box so you can still change the channel. If you want to be able to have more TVs watching different channels then you just need to add another set top box.

I thought about that scenario as well. I even found a way of distributing the TV signal over UTP cable. The only problems is indeed: this only works if you always only use one TV in the house at the same time, or watch the same channel on all connected TV's. Once you want to watch different channels on different TV's (not all that unthinkable if you consider the average home with parents + two children, which means at one time you will need at least 3 decoders!) It's exactly that scenario I'm trying to avoid, or am trying to find a solution for.

Quote:
If you can get a CAM + smart card and also have a receiver card then you can watch encrypted channels. Whether you'll be able to get that CAM is another matter.
Yeah, that's what I figured. It would not be easy, but at least the technological possibility is there, which is not the case with DVB-C. frown

I'm very sure I'm not alone with this problem. There must be some solution for this?