Originally Posted By: LittleBlueThing
Originally Posted By: andym
Oh, and you need to rethink TV too.

I have zero interest in 'live' TV.

If he's already got Sky+ then you're preaching to the converted.

/me wonders why he said that....
Ah, I think I was mainly answering Archeon and his subscription/TV...

I'd assumed you were referring to tahir since you addressed him at the start of your two posts.

Originally Posted By: andym
The one thing the myth box at work will have to concede to a sky+ will be the encrypted channels like Sky Sports. Although I am looking at Dragon CAMs an the like.

I've been thinking about a Dragon CAM for *ages* too.

But no conceding here.... I record using PVR350 s-video capture so I already get encrypted Sky channels from the normal sky box. The problem is that the SD picture quality is *so* good - even on my 120" projector - that I can't really be bothered with the CAM smile

To be fair, I do get occasional artefacts - Strictly Come Dancing has so much fast movement, glitterballs and the rest that the picture changes radically every frame... makes capture/compression quite hard (even for the broadcasters).

In general though I can't fault it.

Hmm, it's the whole decoding and recoding thing that makes the broadcast engineer in me recoil in horror.

Out of interest, where do you get your EPG data from? From what I understand, when presented with DVB-S MythTV grabs it's EIT data from the FreeSat EPG. Even if you have a DVB-S card in your backend, how do you get data specific to the Sky premium channels as I understand the Sky EPG data is encrypted.

Andy M