Yes, a parcel sent by USPS will be delivered by either the Royal Mail or Parcel Force. Royal Mail do an online redelivery service now, maybe it's worth giving that a try?

I do use Parcel2go.com to send large parcels, but I think their cheapest rate is around the £8 mark. You also have to be in for them to collect it, which is not always possible.

I can understand why there would be a delay in parcels sometimes, but for a letter to get to the next city seems to be pretty simple to me, and in the past if I posted at 17:00 in Leeds it would be on the mat in time for opening the next day in Bradford.

After I posted this, my postman rang my bell. He had something else I had ordered and was sent on Monday, basically taking 5 days door to door 1st class. Still no sign of my item from Ripon sent on the same day. He did comment that the sorting office was clear, and the delays were happening further back in the chain in the central sorting office. I just don't understand how we have let the Royal Mail get so bad. To me this seems to be yet another thing we invented and we are now rubbish at, like Cricket, Football and Rugby. He did comment that everyone is saying the same thing to him, so it's not just me.

Cheers

Cris.