Greetings!

I have two requests for Displayserver 2.0. I have not had a chance to install the beta yet, but I hope to very soon. So, you might have a chance to say the famous words "it is in 2.0"...

1) When using the browser to download tracks, there are potentially illegal filename characters or HTML characters in the URL. This happens when the tags contain characters, like ?, ", # and /. These cause the HTML to be malformed, or to give an illegal filename in the Wintel world. You can save the link location, paste it in and edit it, but it would be nice if this was automatically done for you.

2) Is there a way to have the download URL contain information from the Track Number tag? I know it is part of the database. The reason is that, while the display on the browser is in tracklist order based on the playlist, saving the files locally forces an alphabetical sort. The default information for the fields appears to be artist - source - title. Can this be changed to artist - source - tracknumber - title?

Thanks! Just some thoughts. It might even be possible to do this manipulation in the templates for 2.0, but I have not had a chance to look yet.

Paul G.
SN# 090000587 (96GB Smoke)