Originally Posted By: Roger
Originally Posted By: LittleBlueThing
I think the real decision is "do you want to be able to play with it?".

It's more that I don't want to have to play with it.

Hmm, thinking about it I 'play' with our system once every 18 months or so. Maybe I want a new diskless FE or to include a DVB-S tuner or install it in the bathroom.

The rest of the time it 'just works'; day-in, day-out. It wakes up a few times a day, records stuff, goes to sleep, pulls in schedules, heck, it acts as our alarm clock in the morning...

What I can't live with is the "Yes it's technically simple but the license agreement says you can't..."

If I want a diskless install then it may take me a while but I'll damn well have one wink

Oh, also worth pointing out that a fair few Myth people have kids and at one point I was forever skipping threads on how to play entire series of "Postman Pat" or whatever back to back....
IIRC there are quite a few kid-friendly features in myth.

I also get the feeling that you don't specially want the minimalist 'designer look' solution? All Bose, no balls wink

Hmmmm I think the reason that I'm pushing the Myth side is that your first post started:
Quote:
Let's say you had an infinite amount of money to spend on a home theatre arrangement.....what would you buy if your budget was more modest

That suggests you are actually interested, you want the good stuff and you'll put some effort in (if not tons of cash!)

Rather than:
Quote:
Can anyone give me a shopping list that will all plug together, look good and just work. I'm not really interested in anything else.