Originally Posted By: drakino
iTunes still has about 4 million more songs then Amazon currently, and also will have song potentially cheeper, at the 69¢ mark. 99¢ and $1.29 seem to be the other tiers that iTunes music will be priced at, with the note from the keynote being that most songs will shift down towards 69, rather then up to 1.29.

Don't make any judgments until you actually see what happens. I don't have much faith in that last point. And just because they said "most" songs doesn't mean they said "good" songs.

Besides, I didn't hear who was actually setting these prices. I hope it's not like you see in the average record store, for example. In all the Best Buys I've been in, you find new stuff for $12.99, slightly old stuff for around $14.99, and frequently you'll find old stuff that's been sitting there for years and it's $17.99! I've never understood this pricing scheme, and I'm not going to blindly put my faith in Apple and whatever association they have with the industry.

The thing that really pisses me off is their proposal for music already downloaded. It's $0.30 to un-DRM any previously purchased music. I don't care what the reason is, that's absurd.