Scenario:

- iPhone is set up so that it doesn't prompt you to join WiFi networks. (In other words, you're mostly depending on 3G when you leave the house.)

- You leave the house in the morning and you're on the road and you, let's say, wanna check traffic before you get on the freeway. So you unlock the phone screen and you punch up your bookmark to the traffic website.

- Most of the time, the above scenario works fine. But sometimes, about twice a week on average, you have the following problem:

- SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN it never loads up the web site. It acts like theres no network.

- You look and it says FIVE BARS OF 3G.

- You wait some more. SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN. Nothing.

- You try a different web site. Same thing. SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN. Nothing.

- You put the thing into airplane mode and back into normal mode again, just to force it to disconnect and reconnect to the 3G network.

- You try again. SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN. Nothing.

- You wait some more. SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN. Nothing.

- You finally give up and power down the phone completely ("SLIDE TO POWER OFF").

- You power the phone on again and unlock its screen.

- Hit the bookmark to the website and BAM instant perfectly working connection.

The above steps make me think that the network stack on the iPhone is crashing in a way that isn't fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting from the network; only a full reboot fixes this particular crash.

Does anyone else get this? It's been happening on my 3G iPhone since I got it: Through a few different software updates and everything. I'd like to be certain that I'm not alone.