A while back, my tuner reception went bad, and I'm trying to figure out what might be going on. The symptoms are:

1. FM reception on most channels is non-existent, but on a few channels, it's quite clear.
2. The FM channels that come in clear now are ones that I don't remember being very strong before.
3. Channels that were strong before are 100% static now.
4. AM reception is very poor, with high pitched whining on all channels.
5. Behind the high pitched whining, I can hear some of the stronger channels, but just barely.
6. The change from good reception to horrible reception seemed to happen overnight. One day I could listen to dozens of AM and FM stations, the next day almost all of them are static.

I pulled my dash apart tonight to see if it was an antenna connection problem, but couldn't find anything wrong. As I jiggled the antenna around I could get a tiny bit of signal on some channels that weren't coming in previously, but the improvement was almost negligible. The red light on the back of the tuner was on, and the tuner seems to be operational other than the horrible reception.

Anyone know what might be going on? Would a replacement tuner module solve the problem?