Anyone who owns their own business, works in retail or support knows very well that the majority of people you see or interact with every day are stupid. I mean down right dumb as logs, it's a surprise they don't wear bibs and have someone following them around to make sure they don't just stop breathing.

Case in point. Just a few minutes ago I spot someone walking up toward my door, snaking their way around a small table I have on my porch upon which is set a chop saw for some work I'm doing in the house.

My dogs of course run for the door and I get up and start walking there myself. The guy knocks before I get there.

I'm only a few feet from the door and he doesn't see me. Through the huge window in the door nor the two side lights on either side of the door. Immediately I know this guy's a moron.

He also obviously didn't see nor use the doorbell. Next to the doorbell smack on one of the side lights is a rectangular blue sign with bold white writing on it. It reads:

Quote:
Please, No Agents, Soliciting or Flyers.

So I open the door enough that we can talk but not enough to let me dogs out and ask if he can read. I had to ask again because he was obviously so star-struck he didn't seem to comprehend what I was asking the first time. As I asked, I casually pointed to the sign so he knew exactly what it was I was referring to.

So he says to me... "I'm not soliciting, I'm canvassing"

So I say back, "obviously you don't know the definition of the word canvass and I suppose I'll have to add that to the sign right?

He was in the middle of saying "yeah..." something or other as I closed the door in his face.