Originally Posted By: drakino
The same pretty much applies to Windows Mobile, or Windows/Mac/Linux. It's a matter of knowing either how to search for what you want, or knowing good review sites to help you discover new apps. Any successful computing platform has a ton of crap as well as decent apps.

Oh I know that other platforms have junk as well. The app store just seems to have a particularly high number of frivolous apps. I'm sure this is because of all the hype generated by Apple themselves and the media about how the app store is the next big thing. Everybody and their dog has decided to pay Apple their annual $99 developer fee and release anything and everything. So long as it doesn't potentially interfere with their own areas like this "empeg iPhone" app or the areas concerning their official partners *cough*NetShare*cough*, it is in Apple's interest to approve everything. You could be making thousands a day by creating your very own fart app!

I just want the the actual app store application to have a better sorting system or something. It is hard to find things in there with just the sheer number of apps in the very limited number of categories.

I'm still not sure what an empeg iPhone app would do that would drum up interest in the empeg and this forum. There aren't particularly many empegs units out there anyway which has already significantly reduced the potential userbase to the people with an empeg and an iPhone/iPod touch. If it is just an empeg themed or empeg inspired music player then you'd run foul of the no competing with built in apps rule.

If you just want new people then you'd just open up a subforum to support some random reasonably popular application. Doubt that'd be a good idea however...