Here's some more in reference to Dell's Energy Smart Solution Advisor:

* If I add an enclosure, I then have to add blades to the enclosure. Fair enough: as expected. I added one and configured it, then tried to change it to ten copies, but was told: "Invalid Quantity / Please enter either 1 or 16 for quanity." (And "quanity" is how it's spelled on the web site.) So now I have to add an additional nine blades and configure each of them individually. The mere act of clicking the "Add to Solution" button and waiting for it to allow me to do anything else takes over 15 seconds.

* When I configure the individual blades, I've found that it frequently doesn't get updated until I navigate somewhere else, and the configuration options don't change when they should. (For example, if I select a different CPU, the second CPU still shows the old CPU that was selected.) This means that if I change several options at once, they often get thrown away, which means that the most reliable way to configure the blades is to select an option, then select a different blade, change an option there, go back, etc. However, it takes about five seconds every time I select a new blade.

* Sometimes the "Total Input Power" is clearly wrong. It seems to remember the power from an individual blade, and show me "126.7 watts" when I have a chassis with ten blades configured on it. It seems if I want to see the power consumption of the whole system, the most consistent way to fix it is to add a new blade, then remove it, though that's not 100% reliable.

* It will allow me to configure a chassis that has more than 16 blades.